Got this from both Abby at Finally finding me and Fiona from Sir Q and me:
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I Was made redundant – it opened up a host of possibilities though
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I weigh more not less than this time last year. Trying again though
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but my niece has just announced she is expecting a baby this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
France and Italy – both beautiful
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
The confidence to do what I know I must
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
31st March when I was made redundant and August 1st when I became the owner of a french apartment
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Staying sane while everything around me seemed to go wrong
9. What was your biggest failure?
To resolve the issues with my hubby
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No I have remained healthy, thankfully
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My lovely new kitchen
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My son graduated with a first class honours degree. He has been a complete star this year
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hubby’s – he is self absorbed and childish for too much of the time
14. Where did most of your money go?
The kitchen – worth it though!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing Robbie Williams at Wembley, my new car and the kitchen
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Probably The Cave, Mumford and Sons – I played both their albums a lot when I drove to visit S this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?
Happier – no redundancy hanging over me and I am clearer about what I want – just got to work out how to get it
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Been able to see S
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worried about the state of my marriage
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my parents and son
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
No, but I loved and was loved
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I haven’t watched masses of TV this year, but enjoyed Broadchurch, a murder mystery series set in a beautiful part of England
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t really hate anyone
24. What was the best book you read?
I have read lots of books this year, more time, more travel etc. A favourite would be The woman he loved before by Dorothy Koomson, a great novel and also A journey from lost to found by Cheryl Strayed about walking the pacific crest trail
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing particular this year
26. What did you want and get?
A new kitchen 🙂
27. What did you want and not get?
A job at the beginning of the year; I have one now though
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really enjoyed Lincoln
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went out for a meal in France, I was and still am 51
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Spending more time with S
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Improved – I have a bit more money now
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can’t say I did
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am just irritated by this governments inability to understand how real people have to live
35. Who did you miss?
S, particularly for a difficult month around July / August when we weren’t together
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My new boss probably
37. What is a valuable lesson you learned in 2013?
To believe in yourself and in your decisions