i promised myself that i would update my progress in improving my fitness and losing some weight. Another week has passed and as always that second week is a bit more difficult.
The week started with my meeting with Sir and while i easily avoided midweek alcohol, i did eat some quite naughty food during out in room picnic. Then on Tuesday when i felt very tired from lack of sleep, i felt the need for a cappuccino (skinny of course) and then skipped off of zumba. Consequently it was Thursday before i did any exercise (other than i got with Sir on Monday night and early Tuesday morning). I have definitely made up for it with half hour sessions with Mel B on Thursday and Friday (had to get up extra early to fit it in) and the same with extra abs and thigh exercises Saturday and Sunday. Sum total weight wise though is that i have stayed the same. In my long and chequered dieting experience i have decided that is not too bad and best to move on rather than get depressed about it.
So to this week:
- i will continue the ‘no alcohol till Friday’ but then on Friday i am going to keep the gin and tonics down to 2 rather than the 3 i had on Friday, 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday – this rather defeats the object. Instead i shall have some sparkling water with the ice and lemon. After all it goes down just as well.
- I will try for 4 days of exercise again, and might even manage 5 if i get off of my backside in a moment and get on with it!
- I will take my lunch to work (slacked last week and had to keep going out at lunchtime).
- I will keep my portion size down, particularly when it comes to carbs and not eat anyone’s left overs.
- Only eat bread once a week (seem to be managing this, though it makes me crave lovely crusty bread)
Sir will be away this week and i know i will miss our evening chats, but i am determined i won’t let that prevent me from continuing with this mission. i am going to keep my body and mind active and not eat things i shouldn’t. Hopefully by the time we meet up again in a couple of weeks i will be looking slimmer and more toned.